Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tribute

The latest Nora Roberts came out about a month and a half ago, and I finally read it today.
Yes, yes, all in one day. Now, get over it.

So, it's called Tribute, and it's a little odd. I mean, I liked it, but it was unsual. She's a contractor who rehabs houses (Blue Smoke, anyone?), but is also the granddaughter of a famous actor. He's a local boy who...writes and illustrates graphic novels. He's a cartoonist, pretty much. I thought it was inventive.

She moves to small-town Virginia to rehab the farm that her grandmother once thrived in.

Of course, nothing could be easy, be it falling in love with Ford (our writer/illustrator), or coming out from under her grandmother's shadow. When someone decided that she can't be allowed to rehab the house, it only gets worse.

The story read well, along with the highly unexpected who-done-it, had me scratching my head a little going, "Well...that's interesting."

Again, didn't see the twist coming. Which was the entire build up. The who-done-it. I wasn't overly attached to the characters (Ford is a little too laid back, honestly), but it was a fun read.


No comments: