Saturday, August 23, 2008

To Kill a Mockingbird

I finally got around to reading the ultimate Southern novel while I was on a plane. Somewhere between Cleveland and LA I read the whole thing.
I liked it. It reminded me of a cross between Tom Sawyer and The Color Purple. The beginning was very much like Tom Sawyer (Huck Finn... both books seems the same to me). Southern kids playing around, playing tricks, running errands, screwing around. A little bit more modern, but at first I couldn't figure out the time period.

As the book went on, it was more like The Color Purple, if it had been told from an outsiders prospective.

Honestly, I really liked Jem. Watching him grow up, and seeing him take care of his sister. She seems like a bit of a moron at times, but I was curious if she ended up with Dill.

And I was so excited to see Boo!

Okay. That said. I thought it was good, but not stellar.

No comments: