Saturday, August 30, 2008

Moon Over Tokyo

When I worked at the bookstore last year (oh my gosh. It's been almost a year now...), we were allowed to read, so long as we read something that was available for purchase in store. Even better, we could get books then return them, so long as they were still in the same condition (and we kept out reciept).

So I started reading a lot of Christian fiction. Hence where I found Charles Martin, Laura Jensen Walker, and Siri Mitchell.

Siri Mitchell wrote Moon Over Tokyo, a story about Allie, a reporter in Tokyo, and her friend Eric from high school. Well, they weren't friends in high school, but learned to be in Tokyo.

It's cute, and fluffy. It conveys a christian message without being overpowering (something I always appreciate in CF). There is really nothing more to it than Allie gaining confidence and falling in love.

But the language! It's great! And the haikus at the beginning of each chapter are great.

I know it seems odd, and sometime I just can't believe that I read Siri's books. But then again, I remember why I love them everytime I read them.

They're just so...wholesome. Which is nice, sometimes.

Anyway.

No comments: