Saturday, August 30, 2008

Private Scandals

Okay, the other confession I have to make is that I'm a serious Nora Roberts fan. Sorry if that's disappointing (and I'm sure I'll have other authors that disappoint you all, but oh well. I like what I like), but the truth can some times hurt.
Anyway, for a while (mid-80's-mid-90's or so), she was writing books with oxymorons for titles. Public Secrets, Genuine Lies, Hot Ice, things like that.

I just re-read Private Scandals. What can I say, it's cute! Okay, Deanna is a fluff TV journalist who just wants to put on a good show. Angela is her mentor at first, then bitter enemy. Finn is a hard-hitting war correspondent. When Deanna and Finn fall in love, everything starts going wrong. Well, actually, once they get engaged is when all hell breaks loose.

I did mention that Deanna has been getting letters from a secret admirer for just over 4 years, right? Because he really, really loves her.

Anyway, I like this because it keeps you guessing. What secret are they going to reveal next? Who's doing the killing? Why does anyone watch Angela's show when she's such a terrible person? Really, what's with the shrink?

And, I totally forgot who did it. And the whole time I'm reading I'm going..."there's no way it's him. Too easy. But I swear, I think...no, wait, maybe it was him...oh, wait he died. Not so much..."

It was fun. A quick and easy read, I like "seeing" Finn and Deanna get together. She's so...practical. And it makes him so irritated. It's awesome.


No comments: