Monday, August 25, 2008

Summon the Keeper

Summon the Keeper is the first is a three part sci-fi trilogy by Tanya Huff. I read all 3 my first year of college (I think...), and haven't since. So, since I was home and bored with the books I had, I decided to pick these up again.
They star a keeper named Claire, a woman who basically helps protects the world from evil. Her cat, Austin, comes along and helps.

In this first book, she meets Dean, a guy so nice that Hell can't tempt him. And when I say Hell, I mean that in the basement of the hotel he works in (and sleeps in), there is a vortex to hell that talks (in all block letters...?), trying to have people give in to temptation.

It's a good thing there's a nice, attractive, Keeper around to take care of that hole to Hell.

It's a funny series. Not to be taken too seriously (it is sci-fi), but just funny.

Plus, it has a talking cat, and a hound from hell. And an annoying, sex-obsessed ghost. What's not to love?


No comments: