Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Temperatures Rising

So, I went from surprisingly stellar CF to a huge letdown romance. I'm just that kind of person, I guess.

Anyway, I just finished Sandra's Brown Temperatures Rising, an old one (1989!), so a straight romance.

Let me just say, Scout was very obsessed with Chantal's breasts. They came up at least once a page.

Anyway, Scout is an engineer working on a resort in the islands off Hawaii when he's kidnapped by Chantal, a beautiful native woman. He's accidentally shot, knocked out, and dragged to their village.

Chantal is a brilliant geologist who's village needs a new bridge. She kidnaps Scout so he'll build it for them. It's a rocky road (he doesn't want to, she ends up burning the bridge down so he will), never mind the fact they're both so attracted to each other that it's practically killing them.

I wasn't all that impressed. The writing was only okay, the plot line despicable, the characters unbelievable and annoying.

None of the great twists I've come to expect from a Sandra Brown, but then again, it is an early one before she had her style set.

Let me just say, I doubt I'll be reading it again.




No comments: