Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Crush

So, in my hurry to get to work today, I forgot to bring the book that I'm nearing the end of. Good thing there was a book sale nearby and I picked up 20 (20!) books today.

I started reading The Crush by Sandra Brown when I had 15 minutes before my shift started.

When it starts out, you know exactly who the killer is, who the woman is, and who the man is. It's kind of nice, knowing all that right off.

With all that in mind, all you have to look out for in this book is the emotional twist.

Here's what's different about this book. They (Rennie and Wick) don't get together until really, really close to the end. It's refreshing, and a little disconcerting. The killer is a sane sort of crazy. The twists in his case (I really thought he was still with them by the beach when they get called away!) are very well done as well.

What's not so stellar: killing the other doctor right off. A little sad. The 4 page into on the security guard's issues...we only see him in the second chapter and never again. Waste of time, in my book.

Oh my gosh! Where Wick shoots Oren? Amazing! I couldn't believe it!

Yeah, in case you missed it, I'm a fan.



No comments: