Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Laughing Corpse

Okay, so I know I have posted in a while. It's not because I wasn't reading, I swear! I was reading, I was just reading stuff I've already read.
I also started another book, but it wasn't holding my attention really well, so I switched.

Anyway, I just finished The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton. It's the second book in her Anita Blake series.

I forgot how crazy this book is. Anita almost dies at least twice (which shouldn't surprise me at all), has a big fight with Jean-Claude (again, unsurprising), has to make the decision on who to save, on who lives and who dies.

Okay, so I have to admit, it's really good. Before the books get all emotional with which of the boys to choose (Richard or Jean-Claude, in The Killing Dance, book 6 of the 24 book series), they are really good. Of course, you have to like supernatural stuff and mass amounts of violence to consider them "good," but when I'm in the mood for violence and witty repartee, Anita Blake is my drug of choice.

Of course, I miss Edward. No, not Twilight's Edward Cullen. Edward "Ted" Forrester (at least, I think that's his last name...it is in his legal bounty hunter persona). He's a sociopath who has needs. Vampires call him Death, whereas Anita is just The Executioner.

Hmm... he's got a starring role in Obsidian Butterfly, and Anita doesn't even see the boys in that one. Maybe I'll read it next...


No comments: