Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hidden Riches

I admit it...I took 2 NR books with me on my trip. No J.D. Robb's (even if they are written by the same person), just the regular ones.

Okay, so this one is about an antique dealer (Dora), and an ex-cop (Skimmerhorn). When a shipment of smuggled valuables accidentally gets shipped to an auction, and Dora buys some of them, it's the usual madness, mayhem, and reluctant falling in love.



Dora is (of course) strong willed and able to take care of herself. Skimmerhorn has a history and a tough outer shell, though he's really a softie with those he loves. And, of course, the guy who the shipment actually belongs to is a power-hungry, absolutely crazy, homicidal/sociopathic killer.


As Dora and Skimmerhorn work out their relationship and their mystery, they fall in love.


It's fun, not overly complicated, but a good read. Nice to get you out of your own mind for a while. Of course, I think that about most Nora Roberts books...

Of course, I'm telling Mom which one I'm reading, and we go through the 3 or 4 other NR books that include a lost shipment of stolen items and antique dealers...it took a few minutes to straighten out which was which.





No comments: