Thursday, November 6, 2008

If There Be Dragons

What can I say, I'm going through an old romance writers kick. As of recently, I've been reading a lot of old Sandra Brown and Kay Hooper novels.

Most recently was If There Be Dragons by Kay Hooper.

What you need to know: This is straight paranormal romance. By that I mean she (Brooke) is psychic, and the entire story is her getting over her issues so that she can fall in love with Cody.

And, yeah, they both refer to her issues as dragons.

The dialogue is cheesy, the temporary pet wolf is weird, and neither of them are very convincing characters, but it's a cute story. She barely uses her psychic ability, which is sad, but a little expected. I really like KH's mystery series better, if only because they use their gifts.

Anyway. It's cute, though a little trite. It was fine. Not stellar, but I'll probably end up re-reading it again in a year or so.



No comments: