Sunday, February 22, 2009

How I Fell in Love with a Librarian and Lived to Tell About it

Okay, so I have to admit that when I started looking for books about librarians, this one came up first thing. It looked a little odd, so I decided against it. But then I changed my mind and thought, "what the heck, why not?"

Rhett Ellis wrote How I Fell in Love with a Librarian and Lived to Tell About it (and let me tell you how freaking long that title is!).

It's a short book, just 101 pages about how a small town minister falls in love with the new librarian. Why did he have to live to tell about it? There was no great murder mystery, no overwhelming force that kept them apart.

The librarian was bipolar.

And then there's the guy who wants to shut down the library, and tries to blackmail the minister. It (of course) doesn't work out that well for him.

Anyway, it was cute, if a little odd.


No comments: