Monday, February 2, 2009

The Haviland Touch

So, everyone knows I'm a big Kay Hooper fan, right? So when I was browsing a paperback shelf some where, I stumbled across The Haviland Touch and went, "Romance? Intrigue? World-traveling? A couple reuniting after 12 years apart? Sounds great!"

It wasn't too bad. Yeah, they fall back in love (unsurprising), and yeah, they eventually find the missing cross. Woohoo.

He's kind of a really big jerk at the beginning. In fact, I yelled at him (called him a bad name) the first time they see each other again. But he deserved it.

I never really got over that. Yeah, they work their issues out and fall back in love, and he takes off his bitter mask and learns what she's really like...but I still don't really like him.

Plus, he calls her "Sweet" which makes me mad because that's what Alex calls Morgana (from her Thief series), and I hate it when books overlap with stuff like that!

It seems silly, but it's true.

Anyway, 3 snowflakes.





No comments: