Monday, February 2, 2009

Frostbite

Okay, so I just finished Frostbite by Richelle Mead. It's the second in the Vampire Academy series. Yeah, yeah, me and teen vampire novels. Give me a break!

Anyway, I just want to say...amazing. Rose is still protecting Lissa, and they're in school, but this time Rose isn't just protecting Lissa. She's trying to protect all of Moroi kind. But it's not going so well with the bad vamps attacking people.

Oh, and I did mention that she's totally in love with Dimitri, right? Who, by the way, I love too. What can I say...sometimes, I'm a sucker for the good guy.

In this one, her mom comes to her school (the guy she's protecting is visiting for the holidays), so Rose has a bunch of lovely (read: awkward and bad) family moments, including when she was battling her mother and winds up with a killer black eye. Nice.

Oh, and there are more vampires with the spirit magic, and Rose ends up making her first two kills.

Violence, drama, intrigue, and forbidden romance? How can I refuse!



No comments: