Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stripped

I'm trying to read Stripped by Brian Freeman.

The key word here is trying.

I'm 70 pages in, and I just don't care. I should...I really should. It's about 3 cops, two who are in love and working different cases (Serena and Stride), and Stride's partner, Amanda the transvestite.

Serena is working the hit-and-run of a kid, while Stride and Amanda are working the murder of a tabloid celebrity.

The plot is interesting...by the writing just doesn't grab me. I don't care about Stride's homesickness for Missouri, I don't care about Serena's hidden deep dark secret, even Amanda makes a bad tranny. I don't care about the celebrity or the kid. I don't even care that it takes place in Vegas. All that means is that the people in the story have excuses to screw around and act like morons.

It seems good...I just can't get through it.

No comments: