Monday, August 17, 2009

We're Just Like You, Only Prettier

Okay, so who isn't surprised that I picked up a book called We're Just Like You, Only Prettier: Confessions of a Tarnished Southern Belle? Because it really didn't surprise me. It's got all the things I love in a non-fiction book. Southern-ness, confessions, and sarcasm.

Anyway, it's by Celia Rivenbark, and it's 270 pages of hilarity.

Want to know about how to become white trash, "the change", and which kind of plumber you really want? Ask Celia. She'll tell you all about, then make you laugh with her Southern stories. And yes, you can literally hear her accent when it comes to the whole tone of the book. I love it.

Anyway, hilarious. Read it. Oh, and since it has the word "confession" in the title, and is a non-fiction book, I'm totally counting it as a memoir. So there.


No comments: