Thursday, July 9, 2009

Consumer Driven Awards, and Why I Love Them

So, in doing a bit of research, I found a book award called the Quill Awards. I'd direct you to their website, but it doesn't say anything, and you can't see any of their back awards. Or any pending awards.

Hence where Wikipedia comes in handy. I look up the Quill awards. Wikipedia quotes the Quill homepage as saying, "The Quill Award was 'consumer-driven awards created to inspire reading while promoting literacy.' "

Amazing. I can't believe they admit to it. Most awards are based on popularity or lack there of, but no one comes right out and says it like that.

Anyway, thanks to the short-lived Quill Awards (the foundation only lasted from 2005-2008), I have rounded out my Award Winning books, leaving me with only 3 categories left (Written by Men, Classics, and Biographies).

Many thanks to J.K. Rowling, because the Harry Potter books took up over half my award winners.

No comments: